Special Topic Clinics are free to all BFC Players, Buffalos FC is a development club and this is a just another way to help our players accomplish their development goals.
The purpose of the Special Topic Clinic Training Session is to put players into smaller groups, according to age and skill level to develop players in the following technical areas:
Specific Topic Clinic Include (not limited to)
- Passing | Proper technique, 1 & 2 touch passing
- Passing | Aerial (crossing the ball, or switching the point of attack)
- Passing | How to curve your pass using inside and outside of the foot
- Dribbling | Speed dribbling
- Dribbling | Attack dribbling
- Ball Control | Juggling
- Ball Control | Aerial Control
- Ball Control | Beast Mode Soccer Techniques
Most of the Special Topic Clinic Sessions will be focused on indivdual player development, some of the activities may require physical interaction between players. So players should have shin guards on hand to use if necessary.
All players need to bring the following:
2. Proper size ball and aired up properly
3. Wear their practice jersey
4. Shin guards (optional) check session planning schedule
Players (12U and older) who have been identified as behind in their overall technical development or a specific area (Dribbling, Passing or Ball Control) will need to attend assigned special topic training sessions to help catch them up.
Players and coaching staff will use a player's PDI Assessment Skills Challenges Scores to determine if they are behind or advanced for their age. Putting players into a small group session with common issues in their technical development will provide a safe learning environment and allow coaching staff to spend more time working with them individually and/or in a smaller group setting.